The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum seeks a Member and Donor Relations Coordinator to facilitate all aspects of member acquisition, communications and stewardship as well as perform all donor gift processing and reporting. The position requires strong customer service skills, advanced computer skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and organization. This position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Coordinate BBCM’s membership program and assist with donor relations
- Member and donor gift data entry, management & reporting
- Adherence to established data standards and practices
- Draft all member communications and donor acknowledgements
- Effectively present information to BBCM staff and stakeholders.
- Provide excellent member customer service including daily interaction with members and guest at the Museum
- Strategize, create and manage member and donor events
- Prioritize responsibilities and assignments
- Lead income reconciliation process with the Finance Department
- Assist the Director of Development and Executive Director with other development-related activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in membership, development, or related field
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to exceptional relationship and project management
- Desire and ability to work in a team-oriented work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, administrative and computer skills (we use Salesforce and GSuite softwares)
- Tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a flexible work schedule
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods
The Manager of Visitor Experience is the museum’s most patron-facing position and oversees daily floor staff and operations to ensure a safe, rewarding, and fun experience for all visitors. This position is in charge of leading and developing a team of passionate and invested Museum Experience Associates, works closely with the education department on field trip facilitation and coordination, and communicates regularly with the exhibit department to identify and resolve any museum floor issues.
Applicants should submit a cover letter.
Reports to Director of Museum Experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Visitor Experience Department
- Responsible for overseeing the Visitor Experience staff, which includes recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training and developing Visitor Experience staff and Assistant Manager(s).
- Addresses and solves customer’s concerns.
- Directs daily operations of the Museum floor, including opening and closing of Museum.
- Supervises and oversees all cash handling at the front desk.
- Ensures cleanliness of the museum facilities.
- Communicates any exhibit/facility problems to the exhibit department.
- Maintains an updated opening/closing exhibit floor procedures.
- Collaborates with Assistant Manager of Museum Experience in organizing special projects for staff to work on during non-peak times.
- Works with the Education department to support field trips and special programming.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory for all supplies (wristbands, cleaning supplies, etc.) and works with the appropriate staff when supply runs low.
- Handles first-aid/safety issues.
- Works with Membership Manager to develop an effective plan for membership sales and works with staff to ensure maximum benefit.
- Responsible for making sure the Museum’s database is up to date
- Assists with various Museum programs and special events as needed.
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned to benefit Museum outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business or a related field or equivalent work experience in youth programming or informal learning centers.
- 5+ years customer service experience required with 2+ years experience as a team leader. Must be able to relate to staff, visitors, volunteers and venders in a professional and friendly manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Training in first-aid and CPR a plus
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with little to no direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve with the appropriate mix of independent thinking and discussion with other staff.
- Computer literate, experience with client management software a plus.
- Experience working with children and families is preferred.