With consumer behavior dramatically shifting, marketers turn to new techniques to attract shoppers.
- 76% of retailers say they will increase their digital marketing spend in 2021. (Source: Digital Commerce 360 survey)
- Web traffic from social media to the Top 1000 online retail sites grew 150% year over year in 2020. (Source: Digital Commerce 360)
- Marketplace giant eBay generated 4.7 billion views on a recent TikTok campaign. (Source: eBay)
- 63% of retailers use influencer marketing. (Source: Digital Commerce 360 survey)
- 60% of U.S. consumers consider a brand’s values and environmental or social impact when making a purchase. (Source: Forrester survey)
The March Strategy Insights Report features the following articles written by Digital Commerce 360 editors:
- “Why there’s value in values marketing” is an in-depth look at the results merchants see from promoting their values, such as committing to sustainability, donating products or pledging to represent people of color in product lines and management.
- “Tapping into influencer marketing” looks at how influencer marketing has changed over the years and how merchants can tap into that power.
- “Retailers are tapping into TikTok’s growing audience, but few are spending ad dollars” provides examples of how merchants are using TikTok to reach its 1.2 billion active users, both organically and with ads.
- “Social media delivers more retail traffic in 2020” provides a preview of website traffic data from the 2021 Digital Commerce 360 Top 1000.
- The infographic “Marketing is key to improving conversion rates” highlights results from Digital Commerce 360’s new retail conversion rate survey.
Compliments of: Vibes, Partnerize, SteelHouse, Melissa, Ideoclick