Mass Appeal is an entertainment company dedicated to telling stories from the perspective of those who shape and shift culture.
Since 1996, we have documented the emerging movements that influence popular ideas. Today, Mass Appeal is the elevated voice of Hip Hop and its ever-expanding sphere of influence. Integrated offerings in content, music and creative services stoke Mass Appeal’s ability to maximize the impact of our output. Our diverse school of thought separates us from friends and foes alike.
The Digital Strategist for Mass Appeal is primarily responsible for managing all of social media accounts, researching trends and analyzing analytics as well as creating strategic plans to grow our platforms. The digital strategist will work closely with the marketing team.
- Manage all social media platforms for Mass Appeal, Mass Appeal Recs and more
- Create content for all social media platforms
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of social marketing as well as the latest trends
- Expertise in the workings of Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, Triller, Google+, snapchat, etc. and managing and adapting our content and messaging to all existing and new platforms.
- Coordinate and execute digital advertising plans
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Monitor SEO and metrics
- Work with agency team to create and implement social strategies for clients
- Create actionable plans to grow audience
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone and voice
- Collaborate across departments to ensure all assets, strategies, goals and timelines are met
- Identify new social trends and emerging platforms and have the comprehension of the competitive landscape and digital best practices
- Manage all consumer-facing digital spaces at both the label and artist level including websites, social media, CRM, and D2C stores
- Conceptualize and successfully execute social media campaigns to increase fan engagement and CRM numbers then provide the necessary reports on analytics to measure ROI.
- Provide weekly reports on Mass Appeal accounts
To perform this job to the standards of Mass Appeal, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
College Degree in a related field; one year of relevant career experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- 5+ years professional social media experience
- Music industry experience with an emphasis in digital marketing
- Knowledge and experience in the ever changing social media landscape
- Expert level working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, google+, snapchat and the ability to seek out and adapt to the “new”.
- Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Management experience with agencies or other teams/departments
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Degree qualified or equivalent