In an age where the internet is the primary source of information for practically everything, marketing strategies have transformed unimaginably. Cold calls and roadside banners are fast being replaced by website banners and Facebook posts. You depend more on your favourite social influencer’s choices rather than advertisements on the TV.
Digital marketing has become more than a buzzword in the current age. It is often the lifeline of marketing teams and agencies which helps them reach a larger audience.
Given the growing influence of digital marketing, how worthwhile would it be to explore a career in this domain? Would a B.Sc. digital marketing and social media course pay off for itself in a few years? Read ahead to get all the answers below.
What is digital marketing?
Unlike conventional marketing which targets a variety of media, digital marketing sticks to online media channels on the internet. Digital marketing aims to interact with potential or existing customers browsing the internet to inform and attract them to a company’s products or services.
Digital marketing has since expanded into a huge industry with several sub-domains such as social media marketing, email marketing, and paid social marketing. The complexity of roles in these fields has also increased significantly.
What is the scope of career growth in digital marketing?
With the way the world is leaning onto technology, the global digital marketing industry can only be expected to grow further. In fact, a Statista survey forecasted the revenue from the digital marketing industry in Germany to cross $ 5, 694 million by 2021.
The domain is so vast and filled with opportunities that there is something for everyone. Here are the most prominent digital marketing fields where you can make a career.
- Search engine optimisation: Businesses are focusing on search engine optimisation more and more to get more traffic for their product pages and websites. SEO also involves different strategies to improve the engagement rate.
- Social media marketing: Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter can be gold mines for modern day digital marketers. They can take advantage of these platforms to interact with their leads directly and improve the conversation around their brands.
- Content marketing: Content marketing involves create valuable written or video content to hook the audience.
What are the kind of career opportunities can you find in the digital marketing domain?
The global as well as German digital marketing scene is rife with numerous career possibilities. For the creatively inclined, this field can be an extremely exciting career avenue. A digital marketing career can provide the right platform to display your critical thinking skills, language writing flair and innovative ideas.
Here are a few interesting digital marketing positions that can intrigue you.
- SEM Specialists
- Content Marketing Managers
- Social Media Marketing Consultants
- CRO Experts
- Content Specialists
- PPC Managers
- Digital Marketing Managers
- Social Marketing Specialists
A bachelor’s degree in digital marketing can provide you with the relevant knowledge and skills to start a career in this field. In addition, you get to be a part of an extremely dynamic industry. Enrol in a suitable undergraduate programme in digital marketing today to start a successful career in this domain.