Southwest Medical is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is one of Nevada’s largest multi-specialty medical groups. (SMA) Experience, Compassion, Innovation, Quality have been the very foundation of SMA since we formed in 1972. We serve a broad expanse of Southern Nevada communities. From 24-hour urgent care to convenient e-visit capabilities, we’re bringing our patients the health care they want, the way they want it.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Customer Care Representative (Patient Services), you will be working in a call center environment under supervision to complete outbound calls to patients who have been identified by the department as needing additional services. Also responsible for receiving and processing inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. Execute outbound calls or electronic tasks to assist with providing medical related services. Assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescription refills, and facility directions. Resolve routine to complex issues.
We are looking for customer service focused individuals that want to help with the fight against Covid-19. To help support the vaccination effort in Las Vegas, we are adding team members to assist our members through the vaccine process. If you have experience in customer service, healthcare, retail, hospitality and/or the service industry this is a great opportunity.
- Completes a minimum of 15 outbound calls per hour resolving moderate to complex issues
- Extreme high volume data entry
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care
- Contact patients to advise of appointment and referral status
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, providers, and internal medical personnel
- Solves routine problems following established protocols and procedures
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills in Windows environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Minimum 6 months experience in a customer service/call center or healthcare environment
- Expanded knowledge and use of Excel
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field
- Medical Terminology
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products
- Strong listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize call types
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer Service Representative, COVID-19, SMA, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada