Business is a cornerstone of the Press and Journal’s daily offering and it is obvious why. Aberdeen is the best location in the UK to start a business, boasting the best five-year survival rate for new companies while the area is also ranked fifth for economic potential among small European cities.
Meanwhile, Inverness is a growing powerhouse that is evolving into one of the best places in the UK to live and work. Understanding and analysing the impact of the pandemic on the north of Scotland, charting the transition from oil and gas to renewables and speaking up for the growth in tourism, food and drink, tech and life sciences is all vital.
This role will involve some writing but also a significant amount of people management, ideas and ambassadorial work.
- Understand the needs of a modern business audience and deliver value-added content at the time and way readers demand
- Be an ambassador for the P&J across the north and north-east of Scotland
- Grow subscriptions by developing a business team that works effectively to an online rhythm, using video, podcasts, SEO, social media to engage new audiences.
- Work closely with the events team to deliver added value to subscribers through the P&J’s wide portfolio of events
- Work with our digital product team to develop our user experience for a business audience
- Work alongside colleagues at Energy Voice to ensure key content is surfaced at the right time
- Manage a freelance budget that will maximise value to the titles
- Be an experienced journalist who has a passion for business and is able to quickly understand the key issues in the current environment
- Constantly innovate through new content ideas and formats
- Have experience of digital publishing, especially around headline writing, SEO and social media
- Be data aware and able to work to key newsroom metrics
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from our Aberdeen Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days’ holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit: www.dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 9 February 2021.