Trend Imports is a multi-branded fashion distribution and wholesaling powerhouse, offering a diverse range of highly sought after local and international labels into the Australian and New Zealand markets.
Established in 2004, the last 15 years have seen Trend Imports grow to house one of Australia’s leading stable of brands, providing an ever-evolving portfolio to a vast network of major department stores, multi-national and independent retailers.
Specialising in sales, production, distribution, retail and marketing, the Trend Imports team provide overarching strategic service to each brand, to ensure they are extensively represented in retailers nationwide and across all platforms. We both develop and help to provide the stories, the ethos and the handwriting of all our carefully curated seasonal collections.
Based in Sydney, our head office opposite Hyde Park in the heart of the city, provides a central and modern location to review our brands, while we also showcase each collection via our reputable sales agencies across the country.
Drawing from a wealth of experience, Trend Imports provides Australasian retailers and customers access to an exciting list of otherwise inaccessible global and home-grown brands.
Reporting into the Head of Womenswear, the Assistant Designer will be responsible for the following duties & responsibilities:
- Assist in designing monthly ranges across select brands under the guidance and direction of the head of womenswear
- Developing ranges into high quality product and managing this process from end to end. This will include:
- Creating cohesive tech packs and CADs to handover to factories
- Creating & maintaining up to date monthly range boards
- Liaising with suppliers throughout product development to chase costings, sampling
- ETA’s and provide fabric & trim approvals
- Attending Fit sessions & providing clear direction & comments to garment technicians
- Working closely with garment technicians and production team to ensure all product information, changes and comments are communicated accurately
- Assisting with look book & campaign photoshoots
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as data entry for sales upload, parcel management, sample organisation when necessary
- Completing trend & competitor research through the local market, online retailers, trend forecast website and social media
- General assistance to design team as and when required
WHO YOU ARE
- Tertiary qualification in Fashion Design
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within a similar role
- Proficiency in Adobe creative Suite, Microsoft office
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction, including fit, fabric and finishes
- Strong written & verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to work proactively
- Good time management
- Strong interest & engagement with fashion, trends, innovation & design
- Connection, creative alignment / understanding towards one or more of the brands within our assortment
Please include a link to your portfolio of works for review. To learn about us, check out Trend Imports