We are looking for a special social media and digital marketing wizard and all round content gun to help raise awareness of our brilliant little social exercise – Responsible Cafes. Responsible Cafes is a growing not for profit that connects cafes with conscious consumers, builds community and reduces waste by encouraging cafes to offer a discount to customers who BYO cup. We have just launched the worlds first rating system for cafes and running a digital event next year to engage the community further on these important environmental issues. So if you care about the state of the planet and love coffee then this could be just the experience you are looking for…
Responsible Cafes was born out of a beach clean up initiative which saw plastic waste growing on the beaches of Sydney. It is one of Australia’s most innovative, popular, & fastest-growing programs actively engaging cafes to improve sustainability and was shortlisted for a NSW Green Globes Award.
We have a very active community on FB and Insta and looking to constantly grow and nurture. We are group of volunteers who really want to see the tide change on single use plastics. We have lots of fun doing it and make sure we meet regularly to celebrate our wins! As part of the team you will:
– Spend 4-6hrs a week on social media scheduling and content creation
– Work with leaders on specific social media campaigns
– Create new content using Canva
– Ideally have the ability to create video content or want to learn
– Proactively stay on top of current affairs and new in this space and schedule posts
– Help build the community and engage people on these issues
– Manage partners and sponsored posts
– Have a good eye for design and working within our style guide
– Update website with blog posts and new cafes sign ups.
This is a great opportunity to part of a fun team who want to make a positive change and get some good experience. Previous interns have gone on to do amazing things! If you are interested get in touch and tell us why you think you are perfect for the job! We can’t wait to hear from you – send us a vid if you fancy it. We are based in Sydney but happy for you to work remotely and check in weekly.
Weekly expenses salary – $100