Six deaths linked to Extendicare outbreak


Article content

Within the span of a month, more than 250 people have died from COVID-19 in Alberta, which includes six residents of the Mayerthorpe Extendicare.

Alberta’s first death related to the virus was on March 18 and since then Alberta’s chief medical officer, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, has announced the deaths of 615 more people (as of Sunday evening).

“Sharing the number of lives lost is a little more difficult each day because I know the pain and sadness their deaths cause for the family and friends who are left behind,” said Hinshaw last week during one of her daily press conferences.

“They are not just a statistic of COVID-19. They represent Albertans who were loved and who meant the world to those who loved them,” said Hinshaw.

The challenges and restrictions of the pandemic have made grieving the loss of loved ones even more difficult, she said. 

“My deepest condolences to everyone mourning the loss of someone special – especially as we get closer to the holidays,” said Hinshaw.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *