Algoma Telephone Systems Inc. (ATS) is currently seeking to fill a full-time Billing Clerk position. This position will assist in processing billing, maintaining updated information on work in progress sales orders, and ensure sales orders are invoiced accurately in a timely manner. Position may result in internal promotions commensurate to level of accounting knowledge and experience.
Description of Position:
• Responsible for compilation and editing of billing information for creation and invoicing of sales orders
• Prompt, accurate, data entry with strict attention to details and accuracy
• Invoice discrepancy research and resolution
• Communication with sales personnel regarding differences between actual and quoted job costs
• Proper coding of expenses and applicable taxes
• Excel spreadsheet creation and updating
• General administration, phone and email customer communications.
• Other duties as directed by the Controller
• Prior accounting experience –Accounts Receivable or Billing experience preferred
• Post secondary accounting [or related field] diploma or degree an asset
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounting Software an asset
• Excellence of skills in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
• Experience in a multi divisional business environment an asset
• Strong knowledge of Provincial (GST/HST) tax laws including First Nations tax rules and regulations
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with relative autonomy
• Excellent customer service skills
Candidate must be eager to learn how ATS processes work and be motivated to suggest changes, as necessary. ATS is looking for someone with passion and drive, which can ensure that our high-quality standards are maintained. This role is designed for someone who enjoys challenges and research as a daily routine.
Candidate must have a clear Criminal Record. A police record clearance must be completed before candidate can begin employment.
We ask that only qualify candidates apply
Job Type: Full-time (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5 pm)
Competitive Salary: Based on level of education and experience.
Benefits: Health and Life Insurance benefits after successful completion of probation period.
Experience: Accounting & Administration: minimum 2 years (Preferred)
Please submit resume to:
ATS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in our Company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.