Located in the heart of historic Philadelphia, the National Liberty Museum (NLM) brings liberty to life through stories of people whose character and courage have expanded our freedom and liberty. The Museum’s exhibitions, educational experiences and public programs inspire visitors to think about liberty as an ongoing human quest that we all share. The NLM presents liberty as non-partisan and welcomes all voices and points of view to participate in our programming.
The NLM seeks a Part Time Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator to assist the Digital Marketing Manager. This position would help with the creation and implementation of all social media activities meant to increase awareness and engagement with the National Liberty Museum’s social media channels and ultimately increase attendance and revenue.
Digital Marketing Manager
Part-Time 20 hours a week
Occasional Weekends and Evenings may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage social media channels for the Museum including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Monitor social media platform comments and submissions
- Help assess the suitability and relevancy of new social platforms
- Manage photography and video creation for social media
- Aid in the planning and logistics for social media influencer events
- Assist with Google Adwords ad creation and keyword list building
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s required and minimally 1 years of Social Media Experience
- Understanding of the Philadelphia Arts and Culture scene
- Excellent writing and public speaking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and solve problems both independently and as a team
- Interest in using Marketing and enrollment metrics to tack the success of projects
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of Altru Database, preferred
The work environment and physical demands and characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity including sitting/standing, limited lifting and carrying (up to 20 lbs.), up/downstairs
- Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an indoor environment, in museum offices or on museum floor
- Equipment: General office equipment, projector, Smart Board, two-way radio
Work Environment/ Office Culture:
We are proud of our Museum family and work each day to create an atmosphere where everyone can contribute their ideas, energy, and enthusiasm for the important services we provide to the public. We emphasize working together as a team which is cooperative and supportive of each other, with open communication always.
Our management team is committed to providing an atmosphere of trust and open communication and to listen to and answer any staff questions or concerns. We believe in giving each staff person opportunities to grow and will always promote from within and where possible.
The NLM brings liberty to life through stories of people whose character and courage have expanded liberty for all. The Museum’s exhibits, educational experiences and public programs inspire visitors to think about liberty as an ongoing human quest that we all share.
Apply for this job
The National Liberty Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse workforce. We are now interviewing and will continue to do so until we find the ideal candidate. Interested applicants are asked to please forward your 1) resume, and 2) cover letter for immediate consideration to HR@libertymuseum.org. We regret we may not be able to respond to all applications. No phone calls, please.