Step into an instrumental role as the Receptionist for a top wealth management firm. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly- office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial.
This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist will include the following:
- Greet clients and offer them drinks when they arrive for appointments;
- Announce client arrivals to the appropriate staff;
- Validate guest parking;
- Answer incoming phone lines and redirect callers appropriately;
- Retrieve, process, log and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, checks and faxes;
- Accept and distribute express mail deliveries;
- Prepare daily overnight packages for delivery to Ameriprise headquarters;
- Maintain a clean desk area and office kitchen;
- Order supplies for the office and kitchen;
- Restock office drink supplies; and
- Provide general clerical support to multiple advisors, including data entry, alphabetizing client documents, scanning and filing electronic client documents, drafting business letters and other related duties as needed.
Key Traits of a Successful Receptionist:
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor and Ameriprise
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- High school degree required; college degree preferred;
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in an administrative support capacity, with wealth management experience preferred; and
- Professional attitude and presentation.