For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
In this role, the Manager of Community Marketing & Programming will help build and grow Athleta’s Community by overseeing the day-to-day management of key programs and experiences, and how these programs get marketed to customers. In addition to owning marketing and program execution, you’ll also play a key role in the development and launch of Athleta’s digital-first community eco-system. As a highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate with Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Stores, Creative, PR/Partnerships, and Analytics to drive awareness and engagement with Community through impeccable program leadership and effective marketing campaigns/efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Support Athleta’s Community Team in translating key strategies and goals into executable programs and experiences that drive engagement and loyalty with the Community.
Contribute to building and visioning the future of Community at Athleta.
Marketing, PR & Partnerships:
Support Director in developing Community’s annual and seasonal marketing plan, ensuring the right level of marketing support to deliver on Community engagement and awareness goals.
Oversee briefing and execution for all Community marketing campaigns and activations. This includes ensuring the ideal Community messaging and collateral is present in Stores.
Partner closely with PR and Partnerships to create buzzy, equity-building moments for Community.
Help develop the look, tone and feel for Athleta Community as it evolves and grows. Ensure the voice and positioning are consistently captured in all creative and maketing assets.
Analyze performance of Community-first campaign(s) against established benchmarks, summarize key insights, and recommend actions to improve. Proactively share out results to organization as needed, and partner with Digital Media, Content and Creative to refine and optimize to drive results.
Program & Experience Management:
Implement, track and help run the day-to-day management of key Community initiatives and programs.
Support Sr. Manager in testing and optimizing new and existing programs to maximize engagement and meet Community goals.
Budget & Admin
Partner with Sr. Manager on budgeting, including PO creation, vendor management, tracking and cost reconciliation for all Community marketing and program expenses.
Competitive & Market Analysis
Help lead, develop and distribute Community-specific competitive analysis, analyzing market and industry shift and trends.
Who you are
- Background in marketing, with experience building omni-marketing plans that build awareness and drive engagement required; understands how to measure the impact of marketing campaigns, has experience writing and delivering creative briefs to creative audiences a must.
- An authentic passion for Community-building and a strong belief that Community is key to driving long term business success
- Experience building and scaling both digial and physical communities a plus
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and building new ideas and programs from scratch. Must also be a innovative and creative problem solver.
- Can digest and interpret multiple data inputs and tell a clear and compelling story with data
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally and effective at building partnerships across the organization
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees