We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Reporting into the Head of Content, you will manage the Copy team responsible for producing engaging UX copy, transactional emails, webtext, customer service copy, SEO listing descriptions and meta descriptions, whilst informing and protecting the Farfetch tone of voice. As the team will produce copy to be used across different touchpoints and platforms, a firm understanding of copy adaptation for purpose, is essential.
You will drive the projects and areas you are responsible for and work with a wide range of departments within Farfetch across the business including Brand, Product, Marketing and Design teams, to identify opportunities for Farfetch.com . This will present unique opportunities to grow within the team and company.
Proven people management experience is a must. As manager, you will recruit, develop and retain the top talents in your team, which will consist primarily of SEO content writers, UX content specialists and sub-editors. You will continuously build and improve the processes and the systems we use, whilst acting as a subject matter expert for all copy related matters.
What you’ll do:
- You will assist the Head of Content to define the team strategy
- You will develop, monitor and report KPI and SLAs to senior management
- You will create the tactics and priorities we deploy for the areas you manage, proactively identifying gaps and opportunities then thinking big to solve pain points with simple measures
- You will continuously build and streamline our routines and processes to eliminate inefficiency and support our wider strategy
- You will manage the day-to-day running of the team, including conducting regular feedback and feedforward sessions, performance management, recruitment, development and retention You will develop and action copy-related business cases
- You will own and take charge of work streams and programs aimed at elevating the quality and consistency of our copy across the site
- You will work with our brand team to refine our brand voice. You will execute audits, rollout guidelines, training and act as the overall guardian of our tone of voice
- You will facilitate inter- and intra-department knowledge-sharing initiatives including workshops
- You will identify Content needs and work with our Tech teams to improve the tools we use
Who you are:
- You have proven experience managing a small to medium-sized team
- You are experienced in SEO content and/or UX content
- You are fluent in project management language, and have a solid track record of project managing complex initiatives
- You have highly adept at reading reports and learning from data, then using the insights to address deep-rooted issues or needs
- You are able to effectively influence and persuade those around you to work towards a common goal
- You have a firm understanding of tone of voice, with an ability to adapt style to suit specific needs
- You have a collaborative attitude to work, with an ability to work across multiple departments
- You have advanced knowledge of the consumers and players in the luxury industry, as well as being up to date with industry trends related to SEO and UX content
Reporting into the Head of Content, you will manage the Copy team responsible for producing engaging UX copy, transactional emails, webtext, customer service copy, SEO listing descriptions and meta descriptions, whilst informing and protecting the Farfetch tone of voice.