What You Get To Do Every Day
- Handle all product intake into our internal inventory system
- Check products against enclosed packing list
- Inspect goods for sale-ability
- Prepare items onto garment racks for our SKU team
- Identify high value and marquee merchandise to be separated and ‘fast-tracked’ through the system
- Assist in the authentication process by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, and hallmarks)
- Evaluate quality of materials and construction
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion retail experience
- Knowledge of top designers and brands, current trends, garment construction, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to reach daily quota and goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury – a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.