BRAND & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
At Gelato Messina, we have been making gelato since 2002 and we think we’re pretty good at it. Starting from one store in Darlinghurst, we have now grown to 19 in Australia which are all owned and operated by us. We have always been obsessed with creating the best possible product we can, and that hasn’t changed as we’ve grown – we still make all our gelato from scratch at Rosebery HQ in Sydney, where the role is based.
Have you always dreamed of working in a gelato factory? Well, we are looking for someone to do just that, and be the latest addition to our marketing team. It’s pretty rare a job comes up in the Marketing Department here, but one of our crew is off to on their next adventure, so we’re looking for our next Marketing Exec to join the team. You’ll be integral to our brand and will be immersed in everything we do – from day-to-day marketing campaigns, brand collaborations, new product development, events and store updates. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with us (in talents as well as waistline), likes working in a small team, and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty in all elements of running a business.
The role would be ideal for someone who has 2+ years in a marketing or similar background.
THE ROLE – you will:
- Support the Brand & Marketing and wider team in all day to day marketing activities
- Help develop and co-ordinate our marketing strategies, campaigns and weekly promotion plans
- Project manage Messina events, including new product launches, brand collaborations and pop-up events from start to finish
- Come up with fun & engaging ways to market our brand and put these into practice, effectively making ideas come to life on time and within budget
- Have a keen eye for copy writing and can easily don the ‘Messina hat’ to write fun, hilarious blog posts, press releases, website updates, product copy and in-store collateral, helping to convince our customers and community that they need us in their lives!
- Be able to pick up our online systems easily and have an eye for creating our good-looking comms. You’ll use programs like ActiveCampaign & Webflow and work with our in-house designer to bring your words to life in our EDMS, website and store signage.
- Have an understanding of integrated digital marketing channels, you don’t need to be an expert, but you understand email marketing, social media, and digital marketing and can use your knowledge to plan and maximise campaign success.
- Coordinate and liaise with brands, external suppliers, and all sorts of companies – from PR agencies & brands to printing & transport companies effectively
- Report product sales, digital launch results and maintain weekly calendars
- Liaise with other parts of the business including store operations, product development teams, chefs and logistics to make sure projects are delivered on time
- Understand our brand and have the ability to developing collaborative partnerships with like-minded organisations, which will help us get noticed by new customers, as well as engage with our existing fans.
- Be happy to perform general marketing and administrative duties when required
- Have excellent taste in gelato
Perks of the Job
- You’d literally work in a gelato factory – unlimited gelato eating at work, and 50% discount outside of work
- We cook staff meals everyday Monday – Friday
- Free PT sessions twice a week to help combat all the free gelato
Interested? Email a one-page resume telling us why you’re the one for us.
Please apply via email before Friday 17th July.