Ruby Digital is a small, but mighty, digital marketing agency. We specialise in SEO, PPC, and Content Marketing to create meaningful predictable growth for SMEs, B2B companies, and enterprises in various industries such as hospitality (hotels, safaris etc.), IT, Engineering, recruitment and more. We are an effective and dynamic team passionate about educating, growing and moving the digital industry forward.
We’re looking for a humble, hungry, and smart junior content and outreach specialist to join our growing team.
You will be a great fit if:
- You are a tech-savvy professional who is passionate about digital marketing and growing their skills within the industry.
- You are able to work with copywriters to develop high-quality content for client blogs as well as communicate with external webmasters and bloggers through email outreach techniques in the promotion of blog content.
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
- You have a fast internet connection!
Because of the current situation in Cape Town, this position is remote. We will look to resume working in an office at some point in the future, and this would take place in Milnerton.
About the role
The junior content and outreach specialist will need to have a combined focus on the right quality of content to be placed on the websites and scaling the outreach for the clients. When it comes to content for the client’s site, getting quality content for the budget is part of the role. Wherever possible expect content that is valuable enough to others to be talked about. This person will also be responsible for researching, creating, and implementing new strategies to increase link activity to all client websites.
The junior content and outreach specialist will be tasked with building exceptional backlink profiles for our clients to improve their rankings on Google. To do this, they will need to oversee the creation of outreach articles, and then place these articles on high-quality websites. This person will also be responsible for researching, creating and implementing new strategies to increase link activity to all client websites.
Ruby Digital is a great place to work, with flexible hours while growing within Ruby Digital and gaining fantastic experience doing interesting work with varied clients.
- Source and work with high-quality Copywriters to develop high-quality content to be placed on client blogs and promoted.
- Develop a network of specialist copywriters across multiple industries
- Develop content briefs and manage the production of content by setting deadlines and making sure those deadlines are met.
- Checking the quality of the content and editing where needs be as well as providing feedback to content providers
- Work with the SEO Team to research webmasters, bloggers, and websites with the outcome of generating a comprehensive list of contacts to outreach and promote content too.
- Check referring domains and their links for spam or anything that could have an adverse effect on our SEO efforts.
- Research competitor back-link profiles to create email lists of potential outreach targets.
- Import and organize webmasters, bloggers, and websites
- Create personalized emails when reaching out to websites.
- Use web-based tools to make contact and promote content
- Perform and track outreach through social, email and telephone
- Report on all link activity across all domains on a regular basis
- Work with the SEO team to perform basic website SEO implementation.
- Report to SEO Manager with successes, progress, and opportunities
Attributes and requirements
- Must be passionate about digital marketing.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Curiosity about anything and everything
- Awesome organizational skills
- Creative mind
- A willingness to take ownership of the work.
- Hard work ethic
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Diploma level education or one year’s experience in an agency environment
- Remote working position
- Flexible work schedule once we settle into an office again. This means you would work in the office from Monday to Wednesday, with the option to work from home on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Weekly virtual braais
Posted on 01 Jul 11:41
Apply by email
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Specialist jobs
- Social Media Specialist – Sports, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Marketing Specialist – Copywriter, Cape Town, Bellville
- Data Specialist, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior SEO Specialist, Knysna
- Recruiter/Quality Assurance – Part Time, Cape Town, Maitland, Persuade
- Solution Architect – Cloud Platform, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Junior Accountant, Cape Town, ,
- Junior Website Administrator, Cape Town, CBD, Ninety9cents
- Senior Administrator, Cape Town, Maitland
- Operations/Communications Intern, Cape Town, Trusted Interns